Sweet & Salty Holiday Dessert Ideas #1
Here are some great Sweet & Salty Holiday Dessert Ideas for easily creating those sweet and salty treats everyone loves, using Himalayan Culinary Salt. Though not just suitable for enhancing Holiday desserts, these quick and easy tips are a great way to spread Holiday cheer at parties and dinners by adding extra flair to ordinary baked goods, candies and other treats! Check out our great ideas for using Himalayan Salt for the Holidays!
Why Himalayan Salt? Usually all one has to do to discover why Himalayan Salt makes exceptional salty and sweet treat is to take a taste of the salt. You will find that this unprocessed sea salt lacks the harsh “twang” or “sting” of regular table salt or Kosher sea salts. Instead is possesses a subtle yet rich salt flavor which perfectly accents sweet foods, blending a unique salty flavor with the treat.
We will start with some really simple ways to transform ordinary baked sweets into a “sweet and salty” sensation! One of the most popular salty and sweet combinations involves chocolate and salt, which can be easily produced by simply sprinkling coarse grain pink salt over brownies, chocolate cake or chocolate cookies. If you would like to add extra Holiday theme flavors, try crushing candy canes and sprinkling a few of the crushed candy pieces, dark chocolate chips or baking discs, and/or caramels around with the salt crystals. For best results sprinkle the salt and candy toppings onto the freshly baked goods before they cool, to allow the salt flavor to blend better with the chocolate.
Decadent Dark Chocolate Caramel Salty & Sweet Holiday Brownie Recipe:
- 1 Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Brownie Mixes
- Himalayan Salt (Coarse Grain)
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Baking Chips
- Bake brownies as usual, in a 9″ x 9″ ceramic baking dish, using the “chewy” version of the recipe on the back of the box.
- In a small bowl or 2 cup measuring cup, mix 1 cup of dark chocolate chips, 1 cup of Caramel Baking chips and 2 tablespoons of salt together.
- As soon as the brownies are done baking, sprikle the candy and salt mixture over the top of the brownies and allow to cool as usual.
- Once cool, cut the brownies into squares, serve and enjoy!
Your Holiday candies can easily be made into Salty & Sweet treats! Salt especially compliments caramels and chocolates; you can add the salt by rolling the partially set candies in coarse grain Himalayan Sea Salt and then allowing them to finish setting, sprinkle the salt over the tops of candies before they become firm, or even create sweet and salty chocolate crunch bits to blend into candy mixes.
Join our mailing list and/or keep visiting our blog for more great Himalayan Salt Holiday Recipes and Ideas throughout the Holiday Season!
- Learn more about Himalayan Pink Culinary Salt- click here>
- For additional Free Himalayan Salt Recipes, click here>